From the President
In my travels through Texas and around the country, I encounter two types of people: those who believe that Austin College is among the finest colleges in the country, and those who have never heard of Austin College.
January Term is special. Taking only one course provides a change of pace, a chance to study a subject outside students’ regular academic interests or to delve deep into one topic.
Texas Professor of the Year
Students of Jacqueline Moore, Austin College professor of history, have long known she is a great teacher. Announced as Texas Professor of the Year, Jackie’s dedication and expertise obviously have been recognized by others too.
Kenneth Street Courtroom
The Kenneth W. Street Advocacy Courtroom was dedicated during Homecoming 2015, honoring the longtime faculty member whose name has long been synonymous with law and public service preparation at Austin College.
A New Football Conference
Beginning in 2017, the Austin College football team will compete as an affiliate member of the Southern Athletic Association (SAA). Both Austin College and Trinity University will join the SAA in football only, continuing membership in the SCAC across all other sports.
Living the Liberal Arts
In today’s society, questions abound about the value of higher education, particularly liberal arts education. Those who have experienced a quality liberal arts education have ready responses.
At Home in the Rainforest
Since 2008, 112 Austin College students have been selected as Global Outreach Fellows, serving nonprofit organizations in 40 countries around the world.
- JanTerm Adventures at Home and Abroad
- Nicholas Kristof & Sheryl WuDunn
- Class of 2016 Weekend Commencement Events
- An Evening of Inspiration
- Teaching Excellence
- Faculty Authors
- President Hass Leads National Higher Education Board
- 30 Years of Making Art and Touching Lives
- Tribute to a Legend
- Austin College Named a Crusader
- Grace Presbytery Gives $250,000 to ACtivator Program
- Remembering Dr. Nelson DeVega
- Austin College Thinking Green
- Our Church Connections
- APO Chapter Receives Honors
- Accolades for ‘Roos
- Achievements Beyond Athletics
- Fall & Winter Highlights
- News from the Football Field
- ‘Roo News
- In Tribute: A Football Legacy
- Class Notes
- From the Alumni Board President
- ‘Roo Mates
- Joey’s Corner
- Alumni & Volunteer Awards
- There’s No Place Like Home
- In Memoriam