Several individuals with Austin College ties were among the honorees at the Presbyterian Communities and Services Foundation annual Each Moment Matters luncheon in October. The honorees, according to foundation materials were an “inspirational group of quiet heroes whose lives and actions embody the mission of the foundation to make each moment matter.” Criteria included compassion and excellence in daily living, faith in serving with joy, gratitude, respect, and kindness; courage in empowering and educating others; and the highest levels of integrity.
The honorees and their Austin College connections:
- Rebecca Moseley Gafford ’72 of Dallas, Austin College Board of Trustees
- Kay and David Jordan of Dallas, former Austin College vice president for Academic Affairs
- Sharon King of Richardson, Austin College Senior Board of Trustees
- John “Victor” Lattimore of McKinney, former member, Austin College Board of Trustees
- Cyndy and Blair Monie of Dallas, honorary Doctor of Divinity, 1997
- Sara Bernice Moseley of Sherman, former first lady of Austin College
- Janet Guthrie Sims ’52 of McKinney, Austin College Senior Board of Trustees
- Betty and Ray Stephens ’50 of Sherman, Austin College Senior Board of Trustees
- John D.Williams ’84 of Sherman, Austin College chaplain
Congratulations: Not only was Sara Bernice Moseley one of the Each Moment Matters honorees this fall, she celebrated her 95th birthday in August. She was 34 when her late husband, John D. Moseley, became president of Austin College. She still delights in watching campus activity from her front porch just across Grand Avenue.